Followers

Thanks for the comments

Thanks for stopping by, if you have enjoyed what you have seen send me a little note, I love hearing from all of you.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Incorporating Origami in a Scrapbook Layout

     While I was away on my Scrapathon. One of the girls was busy not scrapbooking but making origami. She was making all kinds of cool creations. While I was making my last page, I asked her to make me an origami tie to go on my page.
The background is from the Wild Card Cartridge. Don't I have some handsome guys!

 Isn't  the tie great. I did create a tie with my design studio, but it didn't have the depth or the realism that this origami tie did.


My youngest son and I joined an Origami Club at the library that meets once a month to try our hand at it. We made a butterfly out of dollar bill. So much fun. 
 This is not for the faint of heart. There are a lot of steps to making this butterfly and I was guided every step of the way by my friend Barb. How she could remember every step was amazing to me. How cute is this butterfly. Barb make several of these with bills and made a floral arrangement incorporating real flowers to give as a wedding present. It turned out so very cute.


It is so easy to get in a rut with your scrapbook pages so look outside the box once in a while to spice up those pages.

If you want to try your hand at making an origami tie (so easy to make) I found a blog that has a video on how to make them. Go HERE . I am going to try to make a shirt card too. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...