Followers

Thanks for the comments

Thanks for stopping by, if you have enjoyed what you have seen send me a little note, I love hearing from all of you.

Friday, October 22, 2010

We Are Off and Running (with Scissors)

This week I wanted to showcase some of my friends that I scrap with. They are all very talented and they inspire me with their creativity. Today I am highlighting my friend Ellen. We have know it each other for years, and have done lots of projects together at church from cooking to spending weeks together on the mission field. She has sat beside me while I scrape the muck off many a Mexicans teeth, (brave soul) but this weekend we face one another everyday table to table while we scrap (not scrape) away the hours.
Take it away Ellen……….. (Cheers and Clapping)……………………

 
Thanksgiving comes every year in November, the fourth Thursday of the month and every year I have family over at noon for a feast. Every year around the end of September my mom starts asking me if I am having it, if I have made the menu & if I have invited everyone yet. Two years ago I started inviting everyone on Turkey Day for next year’s celebration---same place, same time, same bat station. True to form on October 2nd my mom asked me about where this years’ feast would be. Errrr =)  This year everyone will be getting handmade invitations in the mail. 
 
I am an avid scrapper but this is the first card that I have ever made. I used the Cricut for the “giving” lettering & shapes, but did not have a cartridge for a turkey so that is hand drawn & cut. Purchased my first Jim Holtz distress ink & Inkssentials blending tool because I LOVE the look & was getting tired of using my chalks with a Q-tip (very tedious & messy). Found the blending tool & ink quick & easy to use and am ecstatic about the results---my new favorite “must-have” tools.  

 


Here is one of Ellen’s scrappy pages, notice that the lettering is exactly like the Starbuck sign and she used real coffee stains on the paper. Great page.


 Thanks Ellen for sharing your talents with all us and know I will let you get back to one of the things you do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...