Yesterday was the day I had been waiting for since January 2010, I am off to my cropping weekend. The picture of this bridge means I have crossed over the Mississippi into Illinois and I am closer to something that I look forward to twice a year. Non-stop scrapbooking, movies, good times with friends, shopping and ingesting excellent food.
This is the lodge where I am spending the next 5 days. Yes you read right, 5 days. The lodge is not much to look at from the outside but the place serves our needs just fine. Lakeview Lodge is just a small part of Lake Springfield Christian Assembly on Lake Springfield near Springfield, Illinois.
I wanted to show you my before pictures and then I will post an after picture. Notice the how much stuff I have it is crazy but you what I am not the only one!
This is the view you wake up to in the morning, it is hard not to be creative with this view and it is hard to stay inside with this view too. It is a gorgeous fall weekend the leaves had just started to change and the temperatures are perfect. It is really hard to stay inside, but I am sure today that we will have to venture out for some scrap shopping at the Local Scrapbook store (pictures and info to follow)
I wanted to show you my before pictures and then I will post an after picture. Notice the how much stuff I have it is crazy but you know what I am not the only one!
Okay here is before I get started, let the messiness begin, I am going to try very hard not to be disorganized ( I say this every year)
Here are the top 10 things you need for a Scrapbooking weekend
1. Caffeine – whether it is Diet Coke at night or Coffee in the morning this is a must.
2 .Chocolate – enough said
3 .Movies – for entertainment but not just any movies Chick Flicks. Movies on the list this year Chocolat, The Proposal, Spiderman (that one is okay it is a love story) Note: Do not watch The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants then A Walk to Remember. Way to much crying you don’t want tears stains on your scrapbook pages.
4. Coupons – Michaels’, JoAnn and Hobby Lobby look out
5. Your favorite Blankie from home always need something special to remind you of home.
6. Toothbrush – Good Dental Hygiene is always a must, no matter where you are.
7. Stretchy Pants –It is about comfort not fashion
8. Flash Light – we are all sleeping in the same room and trying to find your underwear in your suitcase in the pitch dark is not an easy task.
9. Every Scrapbook supplies you have in your craft room, you don’t want to forget anything you never know if you are going to need it.
10. Scrapbooking Paper…………….lots and lots of scrapbooking paper. For those of you who have a paper problem like I do you know what I am talking about.
Come back tomorrow for some guest post!