Followers

Thanks for the comments

Thanks for stopping by, if you have enjoyed what you have seen send me a little note, I love hearing from all of you.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wild Card Project

I have had a lot on my to do list and on Thursday my neighbors who have kids at college got together to make college survivor boxes to send to our college students. I made some Thinking of You cards to put in the boxes. Since I am new to the Wild Card Cartridge there is a big learning curve. I want to thank MamaC on the cricut message board. She did hours of work to get the right sizes for the 12x12 size paper. If you want the document hop on over to the cricut message board here is the link.


So here is the result of my card project.


I needed 12 cards I was trying to use up the black and white paper from the wedding guest book I did but I didn't have enough to do all 12 so I used my favorite pack of paper right now the Teen Angst that was used for my youngest son's school project.
Here are the 2 cards close up
The card is the thinking bubble and the envelope is behind the card We had alot of fun getting together and talking about college experiences and catching up over the summer. All the ladies really put their thinking caps on and brought some really great things to put in the boxes. We used the small USPS Express Mail boxes. The boxes are free and it cost around $10 to mail as long as it is under 70 pounds. Here is a list of some of the things we enclosed
Toothbrush and Toothpaste (that was mine contribution)
Chip Clip
Kleenex
Deck of Cards
Candy/little bags of chip/ granola bars
Post it notes
Purex washer and dryer sheets combined (great thing for the college student)
The boxes were packed to the brim. I didn't mail mine, my son's girlfriend was going to see him this weekend so I sent it with her!
Don't miss my next post I had another project that I finished yesterday that turned out great

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...