Followers

Thanks for the comments

Thanks for stopping by, if you have enjoyed what you have seen send me a little note, I love hearing from all of you.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Monocromatic Thank You Card


I wanted to make monocromatic card. I love the monocromatic look and the key to pulling it off is using texture. I used the Cuttlebug embossing folders the Swiss Dot and Swirls. This was my first attempt at using embossing powder (I got some for Christmas) The glitter embossing powder was a little harder to see if it was melting and of course I tried to contain the glitter as much as possible but it was all over my kitchen table. I used my Cricut to cut the scalloped circle. The only thing I don't like is the "Thanks" I feel it was a little too informal for the card, but it was the only stamp I had that would fit in the circle. Lastly, I used the wonderful Martha Stewart branch punch.I love that punch and try to use it when ever I can. I hope this card will inspire you to try a monocromatic card. I am going to try to make some other cards with some other colors.


Close up of the branch punch on the top of the card


I used a swirly stamp and randomly stamped around the scalloped circle and embossed it.

3 comments:

  1. WOW - Carrie this is really, really pretty!!!! I need to use my embossing folders more frequently...

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the embossing, the color combination...well...everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...