Followers

Thanks for the comments

Thanks for stopping by, if you have enjoyed what you have seen send me a little note, I love hearing from all of you.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Welcome to the World Baby Girl!

What can you make with 3 circles 2 stars and a triangle?

A baby chick! I needed a new baby card for a mom that I mentor and I seen this chick on the creative memories web site. It was easy, easy, easy, they used white for the egg but since my new mom had a little girl I wanted to make it a little more personal. How did I do this? Well......

1. Fold the orange triangle in half a glue to the upper part of the cirle and use a black marker to make the eyes above the beak.

2. Cut the floral circle with random cuts (I drew the shape I wanted on the back)

3. Glue egg to chick, then glue the stars to the back of egg/chick making sure 3 of the points of the stars are showing.

4. Cut the smallest circle in half and glue to back of egg/chick

5. Enjoy your new creation

Here is the card I made.




I want to thank Fannie Flagg for the title of the card. She wrote a book some years back with that title. If you are a reader this book is a must she is a wonderful writer and this book is no exception."Welcome to the World Baby Girl" is on my top 10 list of most loved books. You may remember a another book she wrote "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe"


One question you may ask me is........


"Carrie, what glue did you use to put down the wording on the front of the card." (The wording is less than 1" tall)


Well, I use a Quickie Glue Pen by Saukra. I love this pen because you can put a pinpoint dot of glue on your projects. I always have one on hand.

I can share the cut file with you if you want but really it is just circles, stars and triangles but as always just ask and I will be happy to provide it for you .

The 30 day count down to my oldest son's high school graduation has begun so I am going to be busy preparing for that celebration. Now I know why you celebrate the high school graduations so much it isn't for the graduate it is for the PARENTS we need to celebration that we lived through it all.

2 comments:

  1. oo ,my this card is beautiful, great job.

    big hug Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby chick is so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...