Followers

Thanks for the comments

Thanks for stopping by, if you have enjoyed what you have seen send me a little note, I love hearing from all of you.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Angel Feathers ......A Yummy Goodness

A few years ago I went scrapbooking for a weekend in St. Charles MO at the Lococo House Bed and Breakfast. Mrs. Lococo has the true gift of hospitality we had just a good time and we ate ourselves into food coma that weekend. One of the things she made was a version of this yummy goodness.

Our church is a having a dessert auction on Sunday to raise money for the High School Mission Trip to South Dakota to an Indian Reservation. Angel Feathers are my go to dessert for any type of dessert fund raiser. I call them Angel Feathers because one taste and you will think you died and went to heaven!

It is so simple to make and yummmy! It has cream cheese and butter in it, manna from heaven, right?


  • 2 Cans Crescent Rolls
  • 1-1/4 Cup Sugar
  • 8 oz. Cream Cheese
  • 1 tsp vanilla (I have dark vanilla here but I used clear vanilla in the recipe)
  • 1 stick butter - melted
  • 1 Jar Apricot Preserves
  • Cinnamon and Sugar
 
I buy the small aluminum pans in bulk from Sams they come in handy for taking things to peoples homes or church and I don't have to worry about getting my pan back.
  • Light spray bottom of a 9x13 or small pan
  • Spread 1 can of the crescent rolls on the bottom of the pan 
  •  Cream together 1 Cup of Sugar, Cream Cheese and Vanilla
  • Spread Cream Cheese Mixture on top of Crescent Rolls
  • Spread Apricot Preserves on top of Cream Cheese Mixture
  • Top with 2nd Can of Crescent Rolls 
  • Pour Melted Butter over the whole thing
  • Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Sugar and Cinnamon
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes

The yumminess has just begum. The reason I used Apricot Preserves is because they were available at Aldi. You could use any kind of fruit of jam that you wanted.

Ready to go in the oven. This makes the house smell like you are Betty Crocker.
The manna from heaven fresh out of the oven.
Well I hope they fetch top dollar at the Auction. I do make a label for the with my tag line......"so delicious one taste and you'll think you died and went to heaven."

I am off to garage sales. Yeah it isn't raining for once.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I can smell that heavenly fragrance from the computer screen! This is a recipe to keep! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...